Why Church Membership?
1. A BIBLICAL REASON: Christ is committed to the church.
2. A CULTURAL REASON: Membership is an antidote to “church hopping/shopping.”
3. A PRACTICAL REASON: Membership defines who can be counted on within our faith family.
4. A PERSONAL REASON: Membership produces spiritual growth through accountability.
Who can be a member of First Baptist Church Lake Park?
Any person who has publically professed faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, followed Him in believer’s baptism by immersion, and commits to the Biblical expectations of church membership may be a member of First Baptist Church Lake Park.
How can I become a member of First Baptist Church Lake Park?
There are several ways that a person can join the membership of our faith family here at First Baptist.
- By professing faith in Jesus Christ Lord and Savior and committing to follow Him through baptism by immersion.
- By coming to request baptism by immersion if you are already a believer in Jesus Christ but have never been baptized in that manner
- By transferring membership from another Southern Baptist Church
- By stating the fact that you have previously accepted Christ as Lord and Savior and baptized by immersion, but that you do not have a membership in a Southern Baptist Church
Simply walk forward during the Invitation Time during our services and speak with a minister concerning your decision. A time will be set up to record and speak with you concerning your decision.
Biblical Expectations of Church Membership
1. I will protect the unity of my church by:
- Acting in love toward other members
- Refusing to gossip
- Following the leadership faithfully
Scripture References: Romans 15:19, Romans 15:5, 1 Peter 1:22, Ephesians 4:29, Hebrews 13:17
2. I will share the responsibility of my church by:
- Praying for its growth
- Inviting the unchurched to attend
- Warmly welcome those who visit
Scripture References: 1 Thessalonians 1:2, Luke 14:23, Romans 15:7
3. I will serve the ministry of my church by:
- Discovering my gifts and talents
- Being equipped to serve
- Developing a servant’s heart
Scripture References: 1 Peter 4:10, Ephesians 4:11-12, Philippians 2:3,4,7
4. I will support the testimony of my church by:
- Attending faithfully
- Living a godly life
- Giving regularly
Scripture References: Hebrews 10:25, Philippians 1:27, 1 Corinthians 16:2, Leviticus 27:30